Monday, June 01, 2015

No Pictures to Post.

Happy Monday!!

I have no pictures to post right now, but I did create some "fabric" from a layer cake I had sitting around. I literally just sewed a bunch of the pieces together, no fancy quilt piecing. I am making a liner for a basket that my mom left at my house (once I'm done, I'll give her back the basket with the new liner).

I have the details of how to construct the liner written out, but I need to construct the pattern. I'm thinking of drawing it out on a couple of manilla folders taped together.  I'll be happy to post the instructions I devised once I get a chance, though they are rather crude.  I created enough 'pieces' for both the exterior and the lining, but I'm thinking of making the lining solid. The fabric I'm using is from an older moda collection called Wicasset. 

Here's the Google image search for that collection: https://www.google.com/search?q=Wiscasset+moda&biw=1024&bih=627&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=-mFsVfvZMsjutQWF-YDwAw&ved=0CB0QsAQ

The Moda Bake Shop has a cool journal cover they created with the Wicasset collection. When I saw how the pattern looked against the linen, I realized I really needed to make part of the basket liner solid: http://www.modabakeshop.com/2009/11/journal-covers.html

It has a very country feel to it.  If I go that route, I'll either have enough to make two liners for her basket, or a liner and a test piece. ;)  Hopefully the former.  If the first one comes out well, I can make the second with a different color solid inside. Oh and due to the nature of the basket liner, it's totally reversible, so if she wants a solid outside and a patterned inside, she can just flip it out. 

I am rather excited about this project.  I think it'll turn out nicely - especially if I do make half of it solid. Oh! and I'm going to make the ties (for around the handles) out of the Moda ribbon/tape that comes with their layer cakes!  That'll be cool.

I guess that's all for now. I hope I have time tonight to work on it and take some pictures to upload. My goal for today is to get the pattern piece drawn out. I also still need to do the math for the bottom circle. (It's a round basket).

No comments:

Post a Comment