Though my 'sandwiches' will only contain the topper and the backing, I will be using the sewing method demonstrated in this tutorial to make this rag quilt:
http://www.quiltingintherain.blogspot.com/2012/02/baby-boy-rag-quilt-diy.html
I don't know how people continually work with fuzzy fabric. I feel like I'm probably going to have to get my machine cleaned after I sew this guy up - which isn't a bad thing, but I just hate getting fuzzballs everywhere. I wonder if there's a secret to sewing with this stuff that I don't know. Hmm... With the four left over squares (and the fabric remnants from cutting the squares) I bet I could make him a rag pillow, too! :)
They aren't much to look at right now. At this point, I need to sew X's on each sandwich. I'll probably do that in black thread.
I chain stitched a diagonal line though all of the pieces, sewing the front to the back. Once done, I turned them and completed the X through the middle of all 30 blocks.
This blue stuff was so fuzzy. Horribly fuzzy. It was a bit of a nightmare to work with.
Next I started sewing all of the blocks together, first a row, then I sewed the rows together. To get the seams on top, I sewed them with the backs facing each other.
Done! Here's the back. I don't know why it looks black here.
Here's the front. I snipped the fabric (as detailed in the tutorial I linked) to make it rag up in the wash and washed it.
I've come to the realization that if I want this blog to be easy to follow, and I do love easy to follow, that I'll need to combine my future project posts. From now on I'll simply add any work done to the relevant post like I did here. It'll make linking and following a project from beginning to end that much easier.







No comments:
Post a Comment