Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Free Motion Quilting

So I've been wanting to try some free motion quilting (FMQ). I thought what better way to play around with it than making a mug rug? In the past, I've done a bit of straight stitch and wavy line quilting, but I've never really "drawn" with my stitches. I am always drawing circles, so I figured that pebble FMQ would feel the most natural. I liked it! I still need to get a hang of when and how to move the fabric, but it's not too bad for my first time. I need to finish the straight and narrow lines through the center - it's too late to continue right now because I have work in the morning. 

I love straight line quilting. I don't know why but it is my favorite. 

I also sewed up another mug rug top. I'll have to figure out what kind of quilting I want to do on it. I have an echo FMQ foot, maybe I'll use that to make some sort of design. We'll see. I think I may appliqué something on here. I don't know just yet. 



No comments:

Post a Comment