Friday, November 08, 2013

Not much done last night

I finished the quilting on my latest mug rug last night and that's about it.  Husband thinks it's too busy (he prefers solids).  I love heavy quilting!

Now I just need to bind it.  :)

Here's what one of my pouches looks like.  I love this print from Joann's! I don't know who to give this one to.  I'm always giving them away because I enjoy making them, but I don't need any more.


 Finally, I bought some bunting fabric (before Halloween) from Spoonflower.  I've always wanted to try my hand at bunting.  It was really a lot of fun!  I'll have to make some more bunting again soon!  

The pieces cut out:

 And sewn together:

 That's only half of it.  I used extra wide double fold bias tape along the top.  Also, I had sewn two triangles together (right sides together), turned and pressed - so that they're double sided and the edges are finished.  

Bunting is a really easy project.  I think I'm going to make a template so that I can cut my own fabric and make some more that way.  I also had thoughts of creating something on Spoonflower - but I don't know what as of yet.  :)
 

1 comment:

  1. So in love with that pouch! You are very talented :)

    ReplyDelete