Friday, December 13, 2013

Embroidery for my nephew


This year for Christmas, I'm embroidering blankets for my niece and nephew.  My nephew loves green and Skylanders and my niece loves purple and unicorns. 

Last night I embroidered a picture of Spyro that I digitized onto my nephew's green blanket.  It was over 54,000 stitches and took almost 4 hours.  I wished I was done half way through.

Tonight I'll embroider his name with glow in the dark thread.  If I finish early enough, I may do my niece's unicorn as well.

Without further ado, here's how it stitched out.


The on-screen image:













Not too far into the stitching:



















Almost done!




















The finished product!  I did some research.  I found that I needed to change which stabilizer I was using.  No puckering here!  Oh and I hooped the fabric as well.  (I haven't always hooped the fabric, but for this one it worked well)

No comments:

Post a Comment